Symptoms of coronavirus
Main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
COVID-19 spring booster
Recap of who can get the vaccine
The COVID-19 spring booster is available until 30 June 2023 for:
- anybody aged 75 (by 30 June 2023) and over
- those with a weakened immune system
- residents of care homes for older adults
C&H patients and residents can call the central call and recall team on 02085254251/4253/4250,4254. The team can book patients into Primary Care (Richmond Road, Lawson and Springhill) and Community Pharmacy slots.
Barton House Patients 75yrs and over and immunosuppressed have had a text invite sent by the Office of PCN, inviting them to either of the two delivery sites, Richmond Road or Lawson Practice.
The first and second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine – known as the ‘evergreen’ offer – is available until 30 June 2023 for everyone aged 5 (on or before 31 August 2022) or above.
After 30 June 2023, this offer will only be available for those at increased risk of harm from the virus.
You can find out more about COVID-19 vaccines on the
For more information