First Contact Physiotherapists (FCPs) are usually based in GP surgeries with an expertise in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal conditions. They do not require a referral from a GP to see a patient.
The First Contact Physiotherapist will:
- Assess you and diagnose whats happening
- Give expert advice on how to best manage your condition
- Refer you on to specialist services, further Physiotherapy or imaging if necessary
- Recommend exercises and other approaches to deal with the issue
The clinics usually run on Monday (9:00am – 5:00pm) and Friday (9:00pm – 5:00pm).
How do I get an appointment?
- phone the surgery and ask the receptionist to book an appointment. The receptionist will ask you some questions to check if this is the right service for you.